Yes, you need to set the API host in the control panel as https.
Actually I think maybe you are on a different version of our Windows tools. We enhanced our sync tool so that you can:
1. Sync Up - Sync only new files on local machine up to cloud
2. Sync Down - Sync only new files on Cloud down to local machine
3. Sync All - Sync both up and down
4. Clone Up - Take everything from local machine and Sync / replicate on Cloud. Delete anything that is on Cloud that is not nominated as sync on local machine
5. Clone Down - Take everything on Cloud and Sync / replicate down to local machine. Delete anything on local machine that is not in My Syncs on cloud.
The questions you asked still apply i.e. for 3 if you move a file to a different folder on the cloud then you need to resync your meta data between Smestorage and your cloud provider so that the file is location is correctly set on SMEStorage or the file is moved on the Cloud Provider, and this will also depend on what you set to be the Master for Sync and whether the cloud providers supports the concept of folders. In the new version of the Sync tools you are asked if you want to do a provider sync before local sync is refreshed.
On the rename the same thing applies. This happens during the sync between SMEStorage and the cloud provider rather than the local sync and the rename will depend on what is set to be master, the cloud provider or SMEStorage. All that occurs is the meta data naming is changed on the SMEStorage side, no files are actually moved. If you change the name on the SMEStorage side and SMEStorage is set to master then, if the cloud supports it, we will rename the file on the cloud provider side, if not then we will indeed upload the file to the new location and delete the file from the old location.
If you are a registered user send us an email (Support AT SMEStorage DOT com) quoting your username and requesting the new version of the windows tools and we will send you the link.